I downloaded the demo and played it for several hours and didn't find many problems at all. Granted it was just a demo. How do people get it a week early anyway. Wish I had that connection. Mine is already on pre-order so I don't have a choice.
From some of the reports I have been reading from people who have managed to pick it up early the game seems to be one big glitch fest. This was posted by an Auburn fan at operationsports.com
Personally I am going to hold off on this one for a bit.
"I'm sorry but I just have to vent and this seems like the only thread to do it. If not..then we NEED a "venting" thread.
This is by far..in all the years I've been playing NCAA, the biggest disaster of a bug filled, crippled AI version yet.
Absolutely inexcusable EA. Inexcusable.
Disappearing teams, glitchy roster editors, freezing Online Dynasty menus..can't even get the damn dynasty to work right now and I've tried about 5 times.
Complete and total lack of defense. None. None at all. Check out my vids for examples of pure CHEATING in the defensive programming to give the "wide open offense" edge to the offense.
Completely busted Special Teams. Folks are talking about SIMMING every kickoff and punt...that is absolutely mindblowing.
"These are BIG issues folks. MAJOR. Right now, I would place 2008 head and shoulders above 2009. I had shootouts in 2008. I had defensive slug fests in 2008. But 2009 is absolutely a one sided affair full of bad programming and even worse bugs.
The potential is there EA, but you have certainly dropped the ball in a big way.
If it seems harsh..well....look at what has transpired today and YOU be the judge."
"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." -Thomas Jefferson
I downloaded the demo and played it for several hours and didn't find many problems at all. Granted it was just a demo. How do people get it a week early anyway. Wish I had that connection. Mine is already on pre-order so I don't have a choice.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
I'd say a bad copy or a boot copy that is bad.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
a friend of mine is a regional manager of gamestop...while he wouldn't let me buy the game early he did let me play it and i didn't have any problems with it...great game actually
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
I played the Demo, and it seemed fairly easy.
For some reason this game doesn't excite me as much anymore. When I was younger, I would be all over NCAA Football.. but now, it's just like blah..
Madden is a different story, Im more excited about that for some odd reason.
I played the demo for the X Box and to be honest, every year with a new football game, be it college or Madden, is getting pretty old. So what does EA do? Invent all these new "features" to try and freshen up a stale franchise. The newest being the composure meter. Frankly, one or two new features would have been ok and EA should have left it at that. But couple this with that crappy home field advantage BS and it makes these new games almost unbearable to play. And I still want to [censored]-slap the ignoramus who completely reworked the kicking game controls. EA is totally on it's last leg with me.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
I personally believe the best thing for EA to do, is NOT release a game EVERY YEAR. They should have roster updates, that you can pay for online and download..but not be very expensive. This would take care of having to fork over huge coin every single year for the same game, with a new crappy feature that's not worth the price.
When they have something they can blow our minds and keep us interested in playing it again then they should release a new one. I say do it every 2 or 3 years.
From what I can gather most of the glitching problems are stemming from downloading roster names with the new roster sharing feature the game has. So I would suggest that everyone hold off on downloading rosters or you are pretty much guaranteed to have glitches. From playing the demo on the PS3 I feel that the defensive is less effective than previous years intentionally to make the new "wide open gameplay" feature on offense more effective. If they are going to beef up the offensive gameplay they should beef up the defensive gameplay as well, but this is typical EA.
"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." -Thomas Jefferson
I'm sure if there are glitches, there will be a patch waiting when the game officially releases.
Knowing how crappy of a game developer EA is I doubt it will be a timely patch.
"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." -Thomas Jefferson
Bookmarks